Friday, April 15, 2005

Riverbend Speaks

BaghdadBurning
TheRealThing


From Buzzflash:

"Riverbend" is a storyteller. Her "Baghdad Burning" blog is one part Anne Frank, another part Scheherazade and "A Thousand and One Arabian Nights" -- from cyberspace. As she wrote in her first weblog entry, dated August 17, 2003: "So this is the beginning for me, I guess ... expect a lot of complaining and ranting. ... A little bit about myself: I'm female, Iraqi and 24. I survived the war. That's all you need to know. It's all that matters these days anyway." Riverbend's experience of war, her political commentary and nuanced slice-of-life descriptions, have won her worldwide respect and appreciation. Now her weblog writings have been published in paperback....."

You can read all about it over at Buzzflash, which also has a very good interview with her.

I know I've ranted on about this many times before but it is amazing to me how all those media folks rushing around in white SUV's have missed 99.999% of the story.

Then again, given the Neandercon strategy of information domination, perhaps it's a given.

.

No comments: