Saturday, April 30, 2005

We Ask No Quarter

GoldenDecadians
NotZeppelinVille


Clearly, the Bear, he of Vancouver's Area Code 604, has decided to invoke a homegrown version of the Gilliard Doctrine he can call his own:

".....I always get a giggle when anybody treats polarization like something that can be prevented, like a sunburn, vapour lock, or late fees at the video store. The truth is, you either polarize or someone polarizes you: after the second time I was legislated back to work, the fourth overheard conversation about a gay-bashing, and the fifth completely motionless homeless person lying prone on East Hastings, I completely gave up on trying to see the other side of the issue. Does anyone really think that the media-powered class and culture wars that pass for Canadian society give any quarter for compromise or objectivity?"

In other words this is no time to play it safe in the hope that the Keepers of the Trusts that currently have Canuckistan's Left Coast in a hammerlock will toss some spare change our way if we make nice and move towards that nicely fenced-in, so-called middle ground that they have staked out for us on the non-existent left edge of the fauxScaifian Fraser Institute.

Because, as Steve Gilliard so aptly put it a while back when dealing with the real thing:

"There's a tendency for liberals to try and be fair, to consider other viewpoints, so we get baited by them in debates on terms that they set. I'm going to act on the following: I don't care what conservatives think........

(because)

.....I'm not writing to make conservatives happy. I want them to hate my opinions. I'm not interested in debating them.

I want to stop them."


____
Our take on the Gilliard Doctrine is here.

.

No comments: