Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Gonzo Comes To Gordo

AnEmpressNotSoFairAnymore
GordoPaloozaVille


Only in Victoria-Beacon Hill you say?

Pity.

Because we'd like to see the 'Extreme Green' Ingmar Lee climb on the Boohoo Train* and follow Mr Campbell all over the province like a 10,000 lb doppleganger.

Here, with an assist from that 2 million hit albatross hanging from Gordo's neck, is why:

"On the stage, Gordon Campbell, whose election Motto is: (Get this folks! You're hearing it the first time from me!) "Real Progress, Real Leadership," viciously attacked the NDP, and I almost agreed with him, but then he spouted off all this nonsense about how fantastic the BC Liberals had been caring for the Environment, the Poor, the Disabled... Well I'll spare you the details, I'm sure you'll all be hearing a whole lot more of all that. About half way in, I was beside myself with horror and I realized that there would not be any questions, so I waited for a lull while he caught his breath, and then stood up and asked as loudly as I could raise my voice: "lAre any of your 79 candidates running with a Criminal Record?? Are there any Convicted Felons??" "Have you vetted the candidates for criminals?"

To butcher a phrase from the one true original 'It never got weird enough for Lee.'

______
*The original Boohoo was a guy named Peter Sheridan who got ahold of Hunter Thompson's Press Pass and climbed aboard Ed Muskie's 'Sunshine Special' in 1972. Now, if only we could hook Ingmar up with, I dunno, how about Sean Holman?

.

No comments: