Tuesday, September 13, 2005

More, More, More.....

HowDoYouLikeIt?
MattStArmandTrueConnectionVille


Sure, sure, I realize it's as dangerous to categorize the best bloggers as it is to pigeonhole the best musicians.

But in this case I can't help it.

Because for awhile now I've been pretty much convinced that Matt St. Armand is a Billmon we can call our own.

And now Mr. St. Armand has really nailed it by opening a second shop, the HotDog Factory Part Deux, where he concentrates on all things Canuckistan.

So, forget about what Peter C. Newman has to say about our resident silver-haired albatross for a moment and get a load of this:

".......It was during Brian Mulroney's tenure as Canada's leader that I became so incensed by the news of his daily outrages, that I turned away. I'm embarrassed and chagrined to admit it, but I quickly found reading or watching Canadian news so intolerable, I just turned away. Since then, I've cultivated a frightening and abiding ignorance of the details of Canadian politics. I know what is happening in a general sense, but the Mulroney Government so triggered my gag reflex that I turned into exactly the sort of apathetic citizen I've grown to resent.

Mulroney supporters would rightly me accuse of scapegoating Brian Mulroney for my own human frailties and shortcomings in dealing with a situation I found fraught with affront. But that does not diminish the fact that Brian Mulroney was a disastrous prime minister. I hope that he's among the most hated prime minister's, as well.

When he skulked out of office, I was pleased. When the Progressive Conservative party was voted out of existence in the early 1990s, it finally seemed that Canadian democracy had worked...."


See what I mean.

.

No comments: