Thursday, October 06, 2005

Standing Up For Their Right To....

SecretPlans
DuplicitousVille



...Bargain


I grew up in 1970's British Columbia and remember two big teachers strikes very well.

As a kid they were the best of times and they were the even better times.

During the first, when I was younger, my friends and I had wicked, non-stop, up against red brick wall road hockey games every single day.

During the second, when I was a little older, a girl named Wendy taught me, amongst other things, how to play tennis.

What I'm really trying to say is that a few days of no school definitely will be an inconvenience for us parents, but it is not going to irrevocably 'hurt kids' as the SS Gordon Campbell and the local media are so fond of saying (over and over and over again).

Because somebody has to stand up to this government. This business of ripping up contracts and shutting down negotiations on a whim whenever it strikes their fancy has to stop.

_____
And when you hear those CanWest 'Trumpets Red Blare' on this issue, please don't forget this.

.

No comments: