Friday, August 25, 2006

Who Is That Old Guy.....

.....In The Mirror
ThePastIs
Everybody'sPrologueVille



So there is this young kid from Saskatchewan named, appropriately enough, Saskboy,whose stuff I like.

Anyway, one time I wrote something about a TV show from days of yore that I thought was quite clever in a Canuckleheaded, prairie-wind, sort of way and left it on one of his comment threads.

His rejoinder was something to the effect that 'it sounded like something his parents might have liked if they'd watched that show at all'.

Which floored me, not because I don't think I'm getting older*, but rather because on the Internets it's really easy to forget, especially if you never visit myspace.com, how different everybody really is at a whole lotta levels.

Anyway, Saskboy and I did reach a kind of strange congruency this week over our shared experiences over the cancelled CBC show Street Sense.

Which is still kind of weird because his fond memories of the show were generated when he was a kid watching it, while mine were generated as an adult watching it with kids.

Sheesh.

And what is the point of all this?

Well, I guess I'm wondering, if I hadn't been blindfolded by the Internets, whether I would have dismissed and/or ignored the mutterings of a young whippersnapper like Saskboy out of hand if I had met him somewhere in the real world like, at say, a political fundraiser or something?

Hmmmmm.....

______
*The 'whose that old guy in the mirror anyway?' meme comes from, at least in my increasingly fuzzy memory of him and his words, Danny Finkleman.

.

No comments: