Saturday, April 07, 2007

Rosalita Jump A Little Lighter.....

SaturdayNightBruceFloggin'
WildlyInnocentShuffleVille







After we watched it, all nine minutes or more, little e. said......

"Hey, Dad. It's a story song!"


In case you didn't know it already, story songs are pretty big at our house.

"Sure it is," I said.

"Is it true?" she asked.

I thought about that one for a bit, especially about how much I wanted Springsteen's stories, and his characters, especially maybe Sandy and Wendy, to be real when I was a kid myself, just a little older than my oldest kid, Bigger E., is right now.

And this is what I said.

"Truer than true."

Then we went off to watch a bit of multi-level stratification recommended by the good folks at Black Dog Video (Goonies).

Life's like that.

Sure is.

______
For those that don't care about the truth or the fiction in Springsteen's genius, there's always Miami Steve's pimp suit from this Hammersmith Odeon show circa 1975.
And for those that dig the change in the old show stopper that is Rosalita, it starts around the 4':30" mark.
And for those that never liked Alvin Lee by the Sea anyway......Well, this is their last chance to get.....


.

No comments: