Sunday, January 06, 2008

Not So Random Acts....

.
Of Kindness and Light (#5)


YouCan'tMiss'EmIfYouLook

SamaritansInLotusland2008Ville


There's an out-of-the-way coffee shop on campus that is tucked away in student family housing.

If I've ridden my bike at least part way I'm allowed to stop in and get a raisin scone on the way to work.

It can be crowded during the week but on weekends it is almost always empty which is an extra attraction for somebody like me.

When I went through this morning there was a youngish older guy in line in front of me who I know vaguely. He was talking to the young girl behind the counter about the bizarre seating arrangements on discount airlines as they had both, it appeared, just returned from winter vacation trips.

At first I was a little annoyed, because all this talk was slowing me down.

But as I turned to go a couple of minutes later, with scone in bag, they were still at it and I noticed that both of them were really enjoying the conversation, which had expanded to talking about all of the interesting places they had both been in Europe, on what looked to be a whole lotta levels.

Life's like that, sure is.


_______
*Youngish older people are those that are much younger then myself (ie. at least a year, maybe even two, younger than myself).

.

No comments: