Sunday, August 17, 2008

"The Time Has Come," The Walrus Said.....

AllTheKinda/Sorta/MaybeImportantThingsThatFit
BloggodomotopiaVille



So.

I've been taking the summer off doing stuff like having a real holiday, focussing really hard on my really interesting real job, and thinking even harder about whether, after 1,706 posts, I want to keep going this thing.

This blogging thing I mean.

Now, it's not that I don't like the actual writing/posting.

In fact, truth be told, it's right up there for me with auto-didactic strumming, cytokeleton-mediated changes in tissue specific gene expression, being a song-and-dance Dad and Revellos.

But the impact, not in terms of popularity or anything, but in terms of actually affecting some small modicum change that matters has been, with rare exception, lacking.

And that, I think, is in large part a result of the fact that I have not been able to bring myself to go whole hog.

For all kinds of reasons.

Including the fact that if I was to do so it would mean that other aspects of all the stuff I like to do (see above) would suffer.

And there is that 'courage' thing as well, which can never be ignored in matters such as these.

So (again)......

What to do?

Well, I'm thinking of getting involved in the political process.

At the grassroots, volunteer, envelope-stuffing level.

To see how things really work.

And see if it is possible to affect a little change from there.

Not to mention that it might be pretty interesting to write about.

Details to follow.....

.

No comments: