Friday, September 26, 2008

Are You Now, Or Have You Ever Been A Member Of....

McCarthyismRising
NoSenseOfDecencyVille



Look.

I will not even link directly to 'The Operative' or mention his name again.

Because I've already had my say on the specifics regarding his 'tactics'.

So, instead, I'll let Sean from Saskatchewan tell you all about the latest developments on that front.

I do, however, have something to say about the repeated use of 'guilt by association' smearing from the point of view of someone who believes in 'ABC', but is starting to wonder if, perhaps, we should add a fourth letter that is actually the 12th letter of the alphabet.

Thus, for the record, here's what I had to say to Sean and his friend Leftdog over at Sean's place:

Here’s the REAL thing.

While the operative does his metaphorical high-fivin’ with the boys in the bunker, folks like me, folks who lean Dipper but who aren’t quite as way gone lefties like either Sean or Leftdog are starting to wonder if, indeed, we should give up on this whole strategic voting thing altogether.

Because this is despicable.

And, in my opinion, it is no different than McCarthyism, especially this ‘guilt by association’ garbage…….’have you ever now or have you ever been a….”


In other words, all you 'L'iberal operatives out there who troll little F-Troop list blogs like this to get a sense of whether or not your politics of destruction strate(r)gies are working - know this.....

If you lose people like me - people who are generally OK with a centrist government as long as there's a strong push from the left - because we decide to say the hell with you and your despicable tactics, well.....

You really are truly doomed.

And not just for this cycle, but maybe forever, because if things go really, really badly over the next, say, four years, we will not be looking for the center to pull us back from the brink.

OK?

______
And just to prove that I'm serious about this, I point you all towards one of the sharpest tacks in the box, Jim Bobby, who's been pontificating on the larger issue of strategic voting (sending folks there is likely something I would NOT have done earlier this week).
Update: Sean and Leftdog and I have been having a bit of a discussion about what I meant by the term 'way gone lefty'.....I use it to describe folks that are hard and fast in their Dipperness (ie. they are not likely to hold their nose and vote Lib for strategic reasons regardless the circumstances).....Sean feels I mischaracterized him in that regard and for that I apologize. Leftdog, however, is proud to bear the moniker.....
Oh, and if you want to let fellow Progressive Bloggers know how you feel about the Operative's politics of destruction feel free to, as Leftdog suggests, click through here and cast your vote.


.

No comments: