Monday, October 20, 2008

The Kids Are Alright

Writers'RRockStarsToo
Barnes&John&HankVille


I dunno why, exactly.....

But, despite the fact that I turned 49 yesterday, I just can't quit this stuff.

I think, maybe, that it has something to do with that passage in Catcher-In-The-Rye where Holden reflects on how much he would like to call up his favorite authors and actually talk to them.

Or some such thing.



OK?


_____
You can find Mr. Green the Puffier's ruminations on Catcher here, here and here.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, my girls, C and the two E's, got me a mixing board for my birthday. My first ever, unless you count the one that WhyZed used to borrow from BF down at the roller rink so that we could plug about 7 channels into the bazooka-ya, with real tubes in the back(!), circa 1978. How do you like them almost, but not quite, half-century old apples?
And why zed, you may be asking? Because Zep(pelin) was already taken, of course.





(Note to Mr O'Connell, my ninth grade English teacher, and Junior Highschool rugby coach who liked to give me a hard time for quitting to play basketball, the repeated use of the digressive phrases in this post, bookended by commas, was not entirely unintentional. Unfortunately, however, I couldn't come up with a good way to slip in a good old fashioned semi-colon, although I did think of sticking it in after the word 'basketball' .)


.

No comments: