Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Best Christmas Card Ever!


It's from my new friend Theo (just click on it to see it full size).

I'm not exactly sure how Theo found me, although I have a sneaking suspicion it might have something to do with our mutual admiration for the late, great Steve Gilliard*.

But the finding doesn't matter once you're found.

****

Theo sends out these cards to friends and anybody he thinks will enjoy them four times a year as the seasons change.

The list of lucky recipients now numbers in the hundreds, in both the real world and the world of the bloggodome.

And the only thing you have to give him in return is a smile.

And he doesn't even have to see it.

But I'm pretty sure he can feel it.

Thanks Theo.


_____
In real life Theo is an artist/cartoonist. You can see his stuff here. And if you like it (his stuff I mean), what the heckfire are you waiting for? Buy some!

*Truth be told, I consider Mr. Gilliard to be the greatest blogger ever....Better than Billmon and better even than the original pen-to-paper-stay-up-all-night-firing-off-letters-to-anybody-that-would-read-'em-and-write-back-blogger, Hunter Thompson. Which, if you've spent any time hanging around here at all, means that I, like other folks who know a helluva lot more about this stuff than me think Gilliard had already given us the rightest of right stuff with so much more on the way.

And I know, with all my soul, that if Theo could get a card to Steve now his smile would be ear-to-ear as he put together this year's beer can chicken just before sitting down to write a devastating post on the stupidity of the coming American arming of a new gang of Mujahadeen times a hundred.



.

No comments: