Tuesday, April 07, 2009

There Is No Place I'd Rather Be Than....

.....Pacific Spirit Park.


I took the picture above (click on it for full effect) during my ride into work this morning.

It's a trip, not through the deep wilderness but rather through the edge of a great city, that I've made pretty much every single day since I arrived in Vancouver thirteen years ago.

And not once have I ever felt unsafe, or the least bit threatened

Even when I played in the woods with my kids when they were toddlers.

Which does nothing to help alleviate last Friday's terrible tragedy.

And while I understand that everyone needs be cautious and fully aware of their surroundings, I still hope, more than just about anything, that anyone who wishes to can visit, and re-visit, the park forever and ever again.

Without fear of harm or worry.

OK?

.

No comments: