Monday, June 13, 2011

The (anti)Smart Tax Alliance....

HeadsTheyWin
TailsWeLoseVille

Follow The Money...

Straight to, as Sean Holman points out, The Lobbyists:

The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, the Coal Association of Canada, the Council of Forest Industries, the New Car Dealers Association of British Columbia and the Railway Association of Canada. What do these organizations have in common? Well, for starters, each of them is a lobby group. That means they're responsible for promoting the best interest of their members. But there's one other thing they have in common.

Each of them - along with 38 other lobby groups - is a member of the Smart Tax Alliance.....



And then ask yourself....

Whose interests do these people really care about?

Yours?

Mine?

I do not think so.

.

5 comments:

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

You do not even have to look over your shoulder to see who is screwing you in this province: it is always the old Social Credit crew.

Anonymous said...

They called me yesterday with a poll, "Will you vote Yes to go from HST back to PST?"

First I asked who was calling ... Campaign Support, working for the Smart Tax Alliance. I inquired further and was told the STA supports the HST.

I said I would vote yes. Then the poller asked if I knew that the government was rolling back 2%, every family would gain $150,and so on. I said I did know, they hung up.

But it wasn't hard to pick up the poller's bias, since the anti-HST forces aren't push-polling, at least as far as I know.

- Jonku

RossK said...

A most excellent point Beer - Heckfire, I wonder how long it will be before those fine horsemen now riding Ms. Clark pull Gracie out a hat for a faux 'Winners' Circle Photo-Op'?

______

Jonku!

Push polling?

They wouldn't stoop to something like that....

Would they?

.

Anonymous said...

Yeah..just follow that money! A quick stroll through their member list and Elections BC donation data base show the STA bought the gov..oops.."donated" about 1.8 million to the liberal chump change fund. Assuming of course that we're the chumps.

RossK said...

Thanks Anon.

One of the things I find really amazing is how little it actually costs, at least up front, to do the buying.

Of course there are always back end costs and the corporate directorship candy which, apparently isn't just for principals and pols any more.

.