Monday, October 28, 2013

Seventeen Days Of Brutin.

TheseDaysAreMadeOf
ThisVille


I've had a good string of Saturday mornings lately.

Today was a lazy one spent scratching the dog's ears absentmindedly while I read the week's pile of dead tree news and listened to Jason Isbell.

Anyway...

The string started about a month ago when I got up and discovered the big pile of goo-laden cookies shown above that littler e. had baked for me.

My kids and I have name for that kind of stuff - stuff that is really good but really bad for you.

We call it 'Brutin'.

And I honestly can't remember why.

But I do remember the summer holiday we ate it for seventeen days straight.

The holiday day below, spent in a favourite Berkeley backyard of ours, was not one of them.


______
Did not go to see the Muscle Shoals doc last night...Why?...Well, the rock doctors met here and we played all night long...What I do with those guys is very loud and very blues based (i.e. it is not the kind of stuff I do here)...Did get them to stand still long enough to do 'Crash On The Levee' though...Just didn't tell them it was Dylan...
Speaking of which...




.

2 comments:

Danneau said...

I'd love to hear some of the more raucous stuff you do. Erica and I are off to a local Legion this evening for a private party to celebrate a fellow musician's 60th. He's the host of the Bandudes, but also plays with several other ensembles. Should be interesting. I checked out the Soundhouse Studio link--looks like a dandy space and the rates seem quite reasonable. Loved the Levee mp3. Be well.

RossK said...

Have fun tonight Danneau!

As you know, recording loud stuff is a whole different deal.

Soundhouse is great for geezers. It's not cheap (i.e. kids who are really trying to make it by practicing non-stop couldn't afford it), but if you just like to play semi-regularly it is really worth it...We usually play for 4 hours (8 to midnight) and rent a bass and guitar amp on-site so we don't have to lug stuff (I ride my bike down...They also provide the basics of a drum kit and a PA with three mikes (the bigger room which costs more actually has monitors as well)....When we get there everything is set up in the room, all of which are sound-proof and have decent acoustics, so we're ready to go pretty much immediately....That costs the five of us a hundred bucks - total. I really don't thing there is anything I can do for a whole night for 20 bucks...

.