Saturday, December 27, 2014

Of Dogs And Their Humanist Men...The Vonnegut Effect.

BarnstableHadNothingOnHim
ExceptForThePallMallsVille




"...I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without any expectation of rewards or punishment after I’m dead..."
Kurt Vonnegut.






Now, having read that....

Go hear why Mr. Vonnegut decided his dog wasn't.

A humanist, I mean.

Courtesy the always fabulous 'Open Culture':


________
I read Schlachthof-Funf at the age of 11 via the pup-tent's orange-glow flashlight all-night light...It changed my life.


.

3 comments:

Glen Clark said...

Thanks for the excellent link! I had never actually heard (as opposed to read) Kurt Vonnegut before this.

Eleanor Gregory said...

Thanks for the link. Dog is, after all, goD spelled backwards.

RossK said...

Glad you two could find some common ground via the humanist and his goD!

.