Friday, September 09, 2016

Welcome To The (End Of) The Working Week...


YouGottaDoItTillYou'reThroughIt
SoYouBetterGetToItVille


The day the work week started it sure seemed like summer, from a weather point of view of least, ended also.

And, just as suddenly, there were kids everywhere at the place I work.

Kids that, at least in part, it is my job to teach a thing or three.

Which always scares the bejeebuz out of me for the first few days or so.

Anyway...

When I finally got back to the non-teaching stuff near week's end, I found myself staring at the word 'forgot' as I was writing an Email to a colleague.

Because it just didn't look right.

That word, I mean.

And, given one of my New (School) Year's resolutions, this time I eschewed the Google and instead reached for my wee little pocket Oxford dictionary.

Which, when I stuck my thumb in it opened directl to the page above.

Gosh.

Do you think the non-digital parallel universe of real things was trying to tell me something?


_______
Earworm from the header?....Try...This!
And, ya, I stayed away from the Loverboy on purpose, especially given the fact that I was recently informed that even the cowbell might not be real on the original track.


.

2 comments:

North Van's Grumps said...

RossK

And here we thought that every single 'sentence' was being copied to the internet to be found by a Google search.

Zero hits for your pocket Oxford on FORGET on Page 196

Oxford, forget v.t./i. (p.t. forgot, p.p. forgotten) lose remembrance (of); stop thinking about

RossK said...

Ha!

Might have something to do with the fact that I've had that little pocket dictionary since my gradual student days (i.e. pre-Mosaic).

.